Alex asked me what I wanted to do for Valentines Day. I really don't know. I would like some perfume but he is wanting me to pick a restaurant for us to enjoy a nice meal. I need to think of something soon so he can make reservations. What are you doing for Valentines Day?
So, the superbowl is over. Yay! We didn't do much today. Laundry, went to McCormicks and Schmicks and had some fish and then did some shopping at costco. That pretty much sums it up. Now is it Sunday night and in a few hours it will be back to the ole grind. My boss is in Hawaii this week vacationing. Must be nice!
I can't believe that January is almost over. Time is just flying me by. I really didn't officially make any New Year resolutions....but I do want to work on my health and weight. I think I should start by doing the 5-6 small meal/snacks a day. I just need to think of a variety of things that I could eat and I need to plan my meals/snacks ahead of time. Each meal/snack should have protein and a carbohydrates that dont have added sugars and high calories. I just want to feel good. I don't remember the last time I ever really felt good. I can't remember the last time that I wasn't in pain. Vicodin barely effects me at all. Oxycodone didn't seem to help any more than the Vicodin did. I remember a few years ago I was on a replacing a Duragesic patch on my body every 3 days for pain. It actually helped but coming off of that patch was a bitch. The withdrawal symptoms were horrible and I swore I would never take it again unless I was terminal. I think I would use it again if my new doctor would prescribe it.
So, the superbowl is tomorrow and I could care less. I just never was able to get interested in football. I could care less who wins. I didn't even know who was playing in the superbowl until I asked Alex tonight. He doesn't like football either.
I am thrilled that Obama is our president. Initially I was wanting Hillary but now I believe that we have the right person for the job. He is a keeper!
I just recently hit the big 4 0. Mentally I dont feel that old but physically I feel more like 60. I need to start focusing on myself. I have always been one to worry and care for others but when it comes to myself I do the opposite. I look in the mirror and wonder how I let myself get this way. It isn't like it happened over night. I can't remember the last time I exercised. I must get my butt in gear.
I miss my family in Indiana. I use to go home and visit every Thanksgiving but I haven't done that for at least 2, maybe 3 years. I need to try and visit in the next 6 months or so. I needta get healthy first. What are some healthy breakfast ideas? That would be a good place to start. My doctor told me to use smaller plates and leave discard 10% of anything that goes into my mouth. Well, I have this problem with wasting. It is really hard for me to throw food away because I feel guilty for those that aren't as blessed as I am and have to go around being hungry. I definately have issues when it comes to food. Now I am diabetic. I am not on medicine yet. I have to have some fasting blood work done Monday and after the results are available my doctor will decide if I need medication or if I can control it with diet. I really don't want to have to take anymore medication then I am already taking. I am still considering weight loss surgery. My sister had it a couple of years ago and she looks so beautiful now. I will see if I can find a picture of her tomorrow and post it. It is just amazing.
1. Do you like Blue Cheese? Yes
2. Have you ever smoked? Yes
3. Do you own a gun? No
4. What flavor kool aid was your favorite as a child? I don't recall having a favorite flavor
5. Do you get nervous before doctor's appointments? Sometimes
6. What do you think of hotdogs? I like them if they are Nathan or Hebrew National
7. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don't really have one
8. What do you prefer to drink in the mountain? A large diet Pepsi
9. Can you do push ups? No
10. What is your favorite piece of jewelry? A multi colored cross necklace
11. Favorite Hobby? Playing computer games
12. Do you have A.D.D.? Maybe
13. Do you wear glasses or contacts? Yes for contacts
14. What is your middle name? Denise
15. Name 3 thoughts that at this exact moment that is on your mind. Wondering if I want to go to work tomorrow, my pain, and if I want to go to bed yet.
16. Name 3 things you regularly drink. Water, diet drinks and milk
17. Current worry? Health
18. Current hate right now. A co-worker of mine
19. Favorite place to be. Home
20. How did you bring in the New Year? I was at home
21. Where would you like to go? To Indiana to see my family
22. Name 3 people who will complete this. Can't think of anyone
23. Do you own slippers? No
24. What are you wearing? A tank top and a pair of capri's
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? It is ok
26. Can you whistle? Not real well
27. Favorite color? It varies, but right now it is red
28. Would you be a pirate? No
29. What songs do you see in the shower? Beth by Kiss, Don't cry out loud by Melissa Manchester, and just anything that pops in my head
30. Favorite girl's name? Don't have one
31. Favorite boy's name? Don't have one
32. What is in your pocket right now? I don't have any pockets right now
33. What has made you laugh lately? A couple of my co-workers
34. What vehicle do you drive? Ford Explorer
35. Who is your favorite actor? Don't have one
36. Do you love where you live? No
37. How many televisions do you have in your house? 3
I was in the hospital a couple of months ago. I woke up feeling badly and Alex called 911. I had a temperature of 104 degrees, I kept feeling like I was going to pass out and my heart was beating rapidly. It ended up that I was septic and dehydrated. My blood sugar was up too and I wasn't diabetic.....yet. The infection pushed me right into diabetes...because after the infection was clear, my blood sugar was still high. I haven't gone back to a dr yet because I know they will start me on medicine. I have been keeping track of my blood sugars. I was able to get on Alex's insurance so I only have Kaiser for another month. I need to find a dr on my Pacific Care insurance. I need a one.
That is about it for now.
I started a new job this past Tuesday. It is right next door to where I have been working since moving out here. It is the same owner as my other job. He built an assisted living facility which also has a locked Alzheimers unit. Since I was wanting to go back to the floor at my other job he asked me if I would come to the assisted living and become the Director Of Care. Obviously I accepted. I am in charge of the caregivers and making their schedules, firing/hiring, overlooking the well being of the residents there and keeping them and their families happy. I deal wiht the dr's and their orders and some other things. I am now salary, but I have already put in 4 hours more than I should have so salary or not, it is like giving them 4 free hours. I will try and leave early a couple of hours next week. If it is going to be like this then I will just ask for a raise. So far it has been really busy. I am hoping once I get things straightened out it will lighten up a bit.
I have to do something because my health is suffering.
I am pretty much hating my job now. Too much paperwork, too much stress and responsibility and not enough pay. Plus I share an office with the Director of Nursing and the Director of Staff Development and we all irritate one another and too much negativity goes on in that office and I want to be out of it. I asked to go back to being a floor nurse but I can't until I am replaced. With the increase cost of gas and other things there should be some increasing of the wages going on. They barely gave any raise last year. Cheap asses!
My cats are well. Zeke, my 26 pound boy is on a diet. Abigail is doing well after spending $3,000.00 on her when she got sick. I thought I was going to lose her so it was worth the money that I had to pay.
Hope everyone is doing well!